Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You happy?

This is my sixth year of teaching, and from day one I have kept a quote book of all the funny things my students have said.  I hope to publish it someday because there are some priceless quotes in there!  Today I am documenting some precious moments, not all funny, just some sweet interactions.
A group of four students came to my room and had to bring their snack, so while they were eating they took time to look around the room, and saw our wedding picture on my desk.  One asked about it so I brought it over to the table.  One immediately said:
“You a princess?”
How sweet.  I explained that it was our wedding and one asked, 
“You still married?”
"Yes."  How sad that they have to ask.
 “You happy?”  
"Oh yes, getting married is a lot of fun."
 Tucked in the corner of that frame is a wallet size picture of little D, so they asked about it.  “He in your belly?”  
"No, he was not in my belly.  His mom can’t take care of him right now so I get to!"
 “Forever?”  
"I don’t know.  We’ll see."
 “He happy?”  
Yes, he’s always happy.  
“You leave him alone?” 
No, I was right there when we took the picture.  I was by the camera, I don’t leave him alone.
"You three only at wedding?"
"No, there were a lot more people at the wedding.  And the baby was not at the wedding.  This wedding picture is three years old - it's from when you were only two years old.  This picture of the baby is from this summer.  They are not at the same time.  This one is old."
Confused looks...such sweet things!
It's funny how they totally think "what you see is what you get."  If you're not in the picture, you weren't there.  And if you're smiling in a picture, it means you're happy.  But I am.  Next month is our three year wedding anniversary, and today I booked a surprise weekend away...I mean, he knows we're going somewhere, just not where!

Some of you  have asked about little D's court date.  His parents have court on Tuesday August 30th.  We'd love for you to pray for him, his siblings, their parents, the judge, caseworker, us...everyone involved.  I really have no idea what to expect, we are new to all of this.  Please pray that the truth be seen and that God's presence be felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment