Thursday, August 4, 2011

A happy mess

Today I made a mess that actually made me happy.  I went into school for a few hours, and looked in a tub for something...which led to me cleaning out two whole cabinets of STUFF in my classroom.  Of course, cleaning it out was not on my to do list, and so my list is still waiting for me, but it did feel good to go through all those materials, and (drum roll) it helped get rid of my dread about going back to work.  I found a whole lot of materials that I had made, or people had given me, back when I was a self-contained teacher and it was joyous!  There was so much I can use, and I forgot it existed.  Funny how you can make something and three to four years later not remember it at all.  Anyway, some of the things in those cabinets were materials I had wished I had for first grade last year.  Others were great activities I can use with the many kindergartners I will have this year.  It was like shopping where everything was free!

Some people clean when they're upset.  I should do this more often.  Not only are my cabinets organized, but my mind is feeling less cluttered as well!

God is already answering my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment