Sunday, August 7, 2011

All packed!

Except for the bottles in the dishwasher, and the bear that he is sleeping with right now, little D is all packed up for his first day at daycare tomorrow.  That's right, my summer of fun is over. :(  I am really going to miss spending all day with him.  Being his foster mamma is so much fun!  The past couple of days he has been on the verge of crawling - he's making 3 or 4 moves (steps?  how do you say that when it's crawling?) and then laying down...then getting back up, moving some more, laying back down...but he eventually gets to the item he wants!  I'm sad that he might start taking off crawling at daycare and I'll miss it.  Man, I love that kid!  So deeply, it's indescribable.  He is so special, so joyful, his smile lights up the room over and over.  If you have the pleasure of knowing him you're probably imagining that smile right now.  It's unforgettable.  And I'm not being prejudice, people comment about his smile in grocery stores, at church, anywhere.  Strangers love it.

Please pray that he adjusts well to daycare because he's in the stage where he doesn't like to be held by people he doesn't know well.  And pray for me that I don't cry too much, or worry too much, or get upset if he doesn't take his full naps while he's there.  I'm such a protective momma!  I just don't want to be away from him...and suddenly I understand why every time a co-worker comes back from maternity leave, they have such a rough time coming back, and their eyes tear up easily if someone asks about their baby.  Now I really get it.  And he's not even mine!  Oh, love hurts sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment