Monday, March 27, 2017

Spring Break on a Budget - Day 1

We had a wonderful day.  We drove with Micah to U of I, dropped him off and went to the public library during his first class.  Then we went back to campus and Micah gave us a tour of his buildings.  We also met three of his professors, and then ate a packed lunch on campus.  It was so great for the boys to see where their dad is when he's not with us...literally even one of the chairs he sits in to study.  Then we went to visit friends in Champaign while Micah had more class.  It was a treat for me and the kids, because I got to catch up with a good friend, and the kids got to play together.  Micah was able to come to their house in time for dinner, and the four adults got to talk while the kids had loud fun at the kid table.  Afterward the dads took the kids fishing in the pond behind our friends' house.  It happened to be raining but that didn't stop them!  So many smiles for so little cost.  Today was actually supposed to cost $0 but I was so intent on fitting all the food into our cooler for lunch that I forgot to make the boys' PB&J's.  So today we spent a total of $4.16 on PB&J Bagels from Einstein's.  Not bad for a giant day of fun!


Champaign Public Library


  

 
Silas took this picture!  Pretty good, huh?






Daddy's School!

He was able to get us in for a tour of the Hydro Systems Lab.




Levi is quietly eating so the nearby students can focus on their work.




Fun with Audrey, Titus, and Bennett Young



We attempted pictures next to the flowering tree but they didn't work out so great.
(This is how my boys say "cheese.")

So we took our own picture.  Love my friend Jen!

And I love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment