Monday, September 30, 2013

Silas' Silly September Sayings

This has been quite a funny month.  Or maybe it's just that now I have the time to write down all the funny things he says...


Silas, talking about Bella: It's my doggie.
Me: It's our doggie.
Silas: Our doggie? I share my doggie you.


Silas, playing with toy saw: I cut wit saw. It's me job. And daddy job. 
Me: I can't do it?
Silas: No. You queen inside. 


Me: Are you doing more work or staying with me?
Silas: More work. I see you in a minute. 


Silas walked up to me and sprinkled imaginary dust on my stomach while saying, "pshhhh."  Then as he walked away, "For da baby.  Medicine."


Me: Silas, are you hungry?
Silas: Yeah.  I workin' all day! 
(He had helped Micah repair a down spout and was finishing helping him pressure wash the porch.)


Silas, at dinner, talking about daycare: MYYYY Gabby.  (They are known to be best buds, and he is protective of her.)
Me: Why is she your Gabby?
Silas: inquisitive look, thought for a moment, then shrugged shoulders



Silas: You work do today, daddy?  I wan' work wit' you! Work outside.

Me: Are you going to watch the Bears with daddy?
Silas: Yea. Homework. Daycare.


Silas, when reading/screaming himself to sleep - "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!!"


Silas: Get in it Bewuh.  Pwease?  I askin' you! (to get in a pile of pillows and clean laundry he had made)


Silas, when finishing up a bowl of ice cream: I eat it all gone. It in my yummy. I hungee. 


When watching football: They knock them all down!


Me: Did you have fun at church?
Silas: Yeah!
Me: What did you do?
Silas: I sing at church. 
Me: What did you sing?
Silas: Nothin'.


Me: Are you feeling better? Did your nose stop running?
Silas, inserting finger in right nostril and then pulling it out to look: "No in here."
Then, inserting finger in left nostril and pulling it out to look: "No in here. Yep!"


So grateful for my little guy!  Also, people have been asking if there is an adoption update.  It turns out that the although his paperwork had made it to the desk of a state adoption worker, that worker was not at her desk for three weeks - she was at a training instead.  But she got back a week ago, so maybe sometime soon? Once our caseworker hears that it is approved, she will schedule the first possible date that the courtroom has available, which is typically three weeks out, sometimes two.  The way I figure, each day brings us closer!  




No comments:

Post a Comment