Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Beautiful are the feet...


Scripture says that beautiful are the feet that bring good news, as in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I agree.  But I must say that beautiful are these feet that bring me joy every day.  They are the feet of our foster baby, little "D."  I walk around with him telling him that he's the joy of the Lord.  He is - Jesus loves him so much.  And so do I.  It's hard to imagine life without him, he has become a natural part of our lives.  He came to us two months ago, and this weekend we took him to the lake and he had a lot of firsts...first boat ride, first dip in the lake, first time spending most of the day outside, playing on a blanket in the grass and swinging on a porch swing while drinking his bottle.  It was so fun, it was as if he is ours.  But he's not.  I wish I could say I was the one in labor with him, but I was not.  I love him as if he is my own, that love grows every day.  In my prayer journal the other day, I came to a crossroads with God, in which I (at first reluctantly) "laid him down" at God's feet.  I told God that I trust him with little D's future, and that I want to be a part of loving him in whatever way I can.  We'll know more about his future at the end of August.  But in the meantime, I am enjoying every second with this little guy.  We sing, we dance, we eat, we play, we giggle, we work on sitting and his fierce future crawling moves.  I love every moment.  I thank God for "now," regardless of what the future brings.  People tell me they could never be foster parents because they couldn't handle the kids going back home.  It is so hard, we've done it, watched them go through tears that we didn't even try to hide.  But somehow God picks us back up, and we do it again.  Not by our strength, that's for sure.  Only God.

No comments:

Post a Comment