Saturday, April 1, 2017

Spring Break Finale - My Man

The majority of today was spent at U of I with my man.  He had a fancy scholarship luncheon and I was a proud wife.  I'm pretty sure I was the only guest who was a spouse. Today was a reminder of how courageous he is, to go back to school ten years after he graduated college the first time.  Civil engineering is very difficult, and he is learning at a rigorous school that is ranked first nationally for civil engineering.  I'm impressed! Every day he goes to a huge, demanding school, where most students only have to think about themselves.  But after a long day he drives over an hour to get home.  He's either just in time to pray with the kids before bed, or they are asleep and he goes straight to his office to study late, anticipating an early morning of helping the boys get ready for the day. Props to my husband - he's a diligent worker, a wonderful dad, the fastest dish washer I've ever met (well, he might tie with my mom), and a reflective thinker, who listens to my freak-out moments and keeps me grounded.  I'm so glad he's my partner in this crazy life!



These are the best pictures I could get.  I think Micah might have died of embarrassment if I got out of my seat to get a picture!

I'm proud of you Micah!  Only a little more than a year to go until graduation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment