Friday, November 22, 2013

We have a court date!

Can you believe it?  We finally have an adoption court date.  After living in our home for 957 days, our son is officially becoming Silas Winston Stickling.  No more monthly caseworker visits (though we do love our caseworker!), no more licensing visits twice a year, no more keeping clothing and toy receipts to turn in, no more logging when we give him medicine, no more turning in Bella's rabies paperwork…I could continue.

We will just BE FAMILY.  We are beyond excited!

The adoption date is December 16th - two days before Silas turns three.  He won't understand what this is about - I mean, he knows about his birth family and LOVES visiting his siblings twice a month, but he doesn't understand adoption.  Someday he will.  Every night we pray for his birth parents and siblings by name.  Someday he will realize why.  

I just finished making him an adoption photo book.  When I give it to him he will just think he was a cute baby, and say "yeaaaa" at the pictures he sees of his siblings.  But someday that book will mean more, way more.  It's part of his life.  One of my favorite pages in the book is titled "my new family tree." It has pictures of his grandma's and papa's, of Micah and me, and of him.  We're a family alright!  Just built differently.  There are different roots in this tree.

I get to go to the adoption in a wheelchair.  Woo hoo!  And my Jesus-loving Dr. gave me clearance to go to church that Sunday (it will be the day I become 33 weeks) so we can finally have a dedication service for Silas. Any and all are welcome to come to Jacob's Well and celebrate with us on December 22nd.  The dedication will be during the church service, which starts at 10:30.  It will be so WONDERFUL to formally commit to raising him in Jesus, with the church family who has loved him since he was tiny.

YEAAAAAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment