Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Refreshed

The piece of paper I had to buy online was a fishing license.  And because of the rain on Sunday we didn't even fish...but when Micah saw fishing poles in our car before we left on Friday, he guessed that we were going to my parent's time share in Branson.  Ha!  No!  I love when he guesses wrong on surprises!  We went to Wildlife Prairie State Park outside of Peoria, and stayed in this caboose.


We also went on a long fun hike - one of my favorite things to do is walk on nature trails.  It just makes my body and soul feel refreshed!  Here are some of the shots we took.






The first morning we were there I saw a daddy long leg spider and I was so excited.  Yes, you read correct, I was excited to see a huge spider.  It instantly reminded me of the summers when I worked at Timerpointe Outdoor Center, a camp for people who have special needs.  We saw daddy long legs all over that camp (even in our shower!) so they have become a sweet memory to me.  And this weekend was full of camp like opportunities!  No restaurants or shopping, just being in nature, grilling out, walking through God's beauty, and seeing his creatures up close.  Look at these...I never realized wolves are so big!  These guys got super close to us, and they seemed like sweet dogs.




Micah caught these two bald eagles looking straight at him - so cool!


We need to get away like this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment