Monday, June 27, 2011

Writing...my old friend

I was going through some old legal pads today and found notes and drafts from my writing class from the spring of 2008, including the one above.  I loved reading them, the ideas were so free and creative.  I was almost surprised that the words were mine.  Writing was such a passion...what happened?  It is still a passion, but not one I've given myself time to enjoy lately.  So it's time to get back into the swing of things.  I'm ready to write!

Much of this blog will be my thoughts, but I also want a place to direct people who might wonder about the book I published (more about that under "a book of journals").  The title of the book is Meandering yet Anchored and at the time I called it that because I was meandering everywhere in my thoughts and feelings about men, but knew I was always anchored by God.  Now I see that Meandering yet Anchored could be the title of my life!  Those who know me know that although I can be crazy and fun, in my own category of “weird,” I also worry and analyze much.  I think I am constantly thinking about the future, from remodeling our house, to my job next school year, to health, to the awkward things I say and how I believe others are analyzing my words…I’m just a thinker.  I often wake up tired because my dreams are so intense and are about everyday happenings so they really feel real!  I’ve dreamt about being late to meetings because of things I needed to do at work before the meetings, and the details are so specific that I remember them clearly the next day when I am literally going about those activities!  You can see that I am meandering: my definition of the word is "all over the place" but the real definition is: to proceed by or take a winding or indirect course.  I meander, but I am also anchored.  Even when I don’t feel an intense minute by minute connection to God, I know he is there leading me, watching me.  And no matter what happens, no matter the trials I face (I have been through many, some intense ones that were squished together in a recent 2 year period), there is good to be found in life.  God is many things, and the overarching attribute is that he is good.
You are good, and the source of good;
      train me in your goodness. Psalm 119:68





No comments:

Post a Comment